Monday, March 31, 2008

I Have Teeth Again!


I am happy to report that as of 9:30 this morning, I have "teeth" in my gap. The temporary bridge is installed. I was a bit punchy at the dentist, having hopped out of bed, rushed around to get ready and be there at 8 am. It was actually sort of fun and funny. When I got there, I said to the doctor, "I took three Advil, I know you're going to be drilling around in there, it's not going to be a problem, is it?"

He chuckled, smiled his twinkly smile, patted my arm sweetly and said, "Awwww, honey, not at all, we have Vicodin and Valium here if you want to be even MORE comfortable."

Now THAT'S a dentist!

My teeth are a teensy bit crooked, but I keep reassuring myself that this is a temporary prosethic, so I shouldn't worry. My mom got a haircut last week and the bangs were cut too short and slanted downhill, I keep telling her my teeth are just like her haircut. Can you see what I mean about the crookedness, or am I just being picky?

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Well, it's slightly slanted but honestly who has perfectly straight teeth? I mean who do you really trust who has perfectly straight teeth? :) Congrats on the temp bridge! I'll hope for no heavy rains.