Saturday, January 24, 2009

DAY 24: Elena Loves Animals


365 Day 24 019, originally uploaded by Kikigill.

Elena cracks me up. This morning, we were driving to their father's house. She was yammering on in the back seat about all kinds of topics. She was playing with two Polly Pocket dolls. This is probably the very first time she has even noticed a doll. I was trying not to make a big deal, but listening to her talk about and to the "girls" as she was calling them.

It got a little akward when she said to me, "Mommy, isn't it funny that I used to love animals so much and ONLY animals, but now I find that I really like girls. I just LOVE girls!"

Gulp.

So, I repeated back to her with one edit. "Yes, you did love animals and now you like DOLLS, too!"

(The picture above is a horse, in case you are trying to squint and figure it out)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I'm just waiting for Amelia to have a revelation that she actually loves animals now!