Wednesday, May 20, 2009

DAY 138: Addicted Farmer


May 18 19 002, originally uploaded by Kikigill.

OK, let's talk geekiness for a moment. I can't believe I am going to come out about this here on my blog. In the last few weeks, I have added yet another facet to my dorkiness...Farm Town. Now, I seriously doubt that ACTUAL farming is this addictive, due to the arduous processes involved, plowing, furrowing, tilling, harvesting, threshing, etc. But this little game is. And, I am not the only one who finds it so. The game is simple, you plow "fields" and you plant them and you wait for the harvest. You then hire farm hands to help you harvest them, accrue money, plant more, harvest more, and so on. There is something sort of relaxing in the repetitive process of plowing and planting. Click. Click. Click, and then there are nice neat fields and then ripe red tomatoes, or fields of amber grain.

I won't pretend to be immune to the powers of the simulator, though. Once, when I was about twenty-four, I went to babysit for some friends. The first day I was exposed to Sim City, I sat down at 7AM when the kids were milling about getting ready to head out for the bus. I was in my pajamas. When they returned from school at 3-ish, I was still in my PJs and playing that darn game. Granted, I now had reached high levels and had quite a productive little infrastructure going on!

So, I confess. My name is Kristen and I am a simulatoraholic...

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I went through a phase of slight Sims (original one) addiction. Except I got my child taken away by CPS.

Methinks I recall you poking light fun at people who were addicted to this farm game? Hmmm....