Wednesday, May 13, 2009

DAY 133: Kindergarten Orientation

Today was the first day of the rest of Elena's life. We took her to her kindergarten orientation. It was so cute to see these tiny people about to bridge from toddler-baby-hood into school-aged. It really brings a tear to the eye to see your baby growing into a school-aged child. It's pretty amazing that it feels like just yesterday we were calling her boober and she was sucking the skin off my nipples. Ahhh breastfeeding in all its glory...good times, good times. She was calling it "BAD kindergarten" until the orientation and afterward she was telling me she's going to love her new school so I think the orientation was a good thing. Picture to follow tomorrow...uploaded at work and forgot to bring with me!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Jakob's was last week... it's really something isn't it watch them grow into little people. I'm excited to be sharing the next chapter of school years!

Lorraine said...

HELLO where is the picture??

Anyway, I just realized yesterday that next year they have to leave class, walk down some long hallway, go into a restroom stall, go to the bathroom in less than 45 minutes (Amelia's problem), remember to flush, and make it back to the classroom without getting distracted. I pity Amelia's teachers!!