Wednesday, April 15, 2009

DAY 105: My Diet Doesn't Have a Name


April 15th 010, originally uploaded by Kikigill.

I have been on a low carb diet for over a year. It works for me. I have cut out things that used to be highly addictive to me such as bread and sugar. After the first few months, which were very strict, I allowed a few carbs back in. I eat corn chips for example. It is only in the last few months that I have allowed kettle corn. I might have to NOT allow kettle corn in the future since it is so yummy it teeters on the edge of addiction.

Oh well, I can eat because (and this is what I always say) my diet doesn't have a name and thus, there is a not a book written on it, nor rules to follow. I don't have to answer to any one or feel guilty or bad if I make up a new guideline to follow...it's all part of my diet which is really nothing more than a healthier way of eating.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I too have that diet...when I am on it things are much better than when I am not. One would think I would remember that when I do encounter sugar and the like....glad to hear someone else has success with it too.
You are brave to hit the KCorn, Jelly Beans give me quite the rush. Notice your kids are more punchy and short on too much sugar and white flour, I can count down to the melt down.
Loving your blogging....S

Lorraine said...

I don't know if I told you about how I got addicted to caramel corn after Amelia was born. I had to eat it every day, multiple times a day. Luckily that obsession eventually passed....