Sunday, March 01, 2009

DAY 59.5: Bluetooth Loud N Clear

Yesterday, we had our Saturday family day with Daddy. My ex-mother-in-law (Momzilla) cracked me up when she thought my bluetooth headset was a "Loud-N-Clear" device. I at first had no idea what she was talking about. The conversation went like this...


MZ: "Kristen, how do you like that thing in your ear?"
ME: "Um, it's great. I like it a lot."
MZ: "They make them in Norwalk, you know."
ME: (distracted) "Oh, really?"
MZ: "Does it work? Can you hear?"
ME: (slightly confused) "Yes, it's very clear."
MZ: "Where did you get it? On TV? Was it 19.95?"
ME: (increasingly addled) "No, this was my friend's and she handed it down to me."
MZ: "Well, where did she get it?"
ME: "Staples, I think."
MZ: "Oh. Can you get them anywhere?"
ME: "Pretty much, these days."
MZ: "I see people all the time with them. I am surprised so many people have bought them...Can I listen to yours and see if it works?"
ME: "This is my Bluetooth headset. It's for my phone. Are we talking about the same thing?"
MZ: "Oh...I was talking about the Loud-N-Clear thingy."

I had no idea what she meant, so I went home and did some research. She seriously thought that all the people walking around with Bluetooth headsets had bought these Loud-N-Clear things off of TV and were using them to eavesdrop on the world. If you want a good laugh, watch the video below. It's classic infomercial fare, but the acting is superb!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Seriously, she needs a comedy show of her own. Have you seen Margaret Cho's pieces on her mother? You need to start doing routines based on Momzilla. I was cracking up at this post.