Saturday, March 07, 2009

DAY 63: Ragamuffin


DAY 63: Ragamuffin, originally uploaded by Kikigill.

These are the days that try mom's souls...Well, that might be being a touch dramatic. We are at that age where Elena wants to choose her own outfits, she has for some time. It used to be the entire outfit was centered on some themed shirt...aka "the horsey shirt" or "the kitty shirt" would make the entire outfit and we could usual offer tips and edits on the pants portion of the outfit. Npw she likes dresses. This is a good thing.

As it turns out, however, we get a lot of hand-me-down dresses that don't exactly fit right, nor would they be dresses I would choose for her. She, of course, loves them. So, off she goes to school looking a bit mismatched and ill-fitted. Oh well, not a fight I am willing to have. I try to channel my inner "Maria von Trapp" and think about when she made the children play clothes out of old curtains. I try not to here the Captain's voice in my head, "DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME MY children have been ROAMING about Salzburg in nothing but some old drapes?!?" Sometimes he shouts louder in my head, though.

No comments: