Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 80: Southern Hospitality


Day 80 037, originally uploaded by Kikigill.

I'm a BIG fan of a custom that I was just introduced to in the South. It started at an authentic bbq place in Columbus, GA. At the end of our meal, I had bbq, black-eyed peas and collard greens and Caroline had the Wednesday special of a Pig Tater, the waitress came up and to ask if we wanted our check. We said yes, paid and then she came by and asked us if we wanted a "to goatee," or at least that is what we heard. She was actually asking us if we would like a "To-Go-Tea" or if we would like our beverage put into a styrofoam cup with ice to go. Heck yes, we would! We thought it was an aberration, but no, they asked us this same question at the conclusion of our meal at Outback too! I think I am going to start a campaign to bring this practice North!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Yes, and then start them on biodegradeable containers ;)