Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Husband has Removed his Wedding Band

Not much more to report on this subject, except to say that time is passing. We are, as many readers know, getting a divorce. We are working on it. We keep checking off things that we have to do. Parenting course - CHECK, Sell house - CHECK, Declare bankruptcy - CHECK. Slowly, but surely we plod forward towards separation (that's an oxymoron).

The first time Patrick told me he had decided to take off his ring, I burst into big fat tears. This time, I felt peace. It is the right time. It's time for us to move on with our lives. We will always be best friends, co-parents and supportive of and about each other. But, it's time now.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I am so glad you're at peace with this. You've gone through such upheaval in the past couple of years - peace is one of my greatest wishes for you!