Thursday, February 08, 2007

Pathetic Post

My life is in the shitter. You know how there is that quote about God not giving you more than you can handle? I am actually, for the first time in my life, doubting it. I have cried myself to sleep for a week. I don't know what will be and I am having trouble conjuring up my usual "Que Sera Sera" attitude.

By now, you are most likely wondering what could be wrong. As opposed to a long, drawn out, whiny post sharing all the details, I provide you with a list. See what you think:

1) I work full time and have two kids under the age of three
2) I have a two-year-old firmly ensconced in the terrible twos
3) I have moved back in with my parents so I can sell my house
4) I have separated from my husband who isn't sure he can handle our domestic life any longer
5) This weekend I have to pack up and move out of my house so I can list it on the market
6) Last weekend we had the stomach flu
7) This whole week we have had a bad cold with croup and fevers
8) Sleep has become a punctuated handful of hours EVERY night
9) The six month old still gets up every night for a bottle
10) Financially, we are almost out of all reserves

That's it...I think I feel better for having spilled it all out on the page like that. Thank you. Now, I will end with a prayer that I offer myself. A good friend sang this at our wedding:

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Amen.

st. francis of assisi - 13th century

4 comments:

Cathy said...

This is absolutely not a pathetic post. You are within your rights to feel completely overwhelmed.

Watty said...

I am so sorry you're having a bad year already. You DEFINATELY deserve at least one pathetic post. (just one though..get it all out!)

Linda said...

I hope things looks up soon. My favorite mantra "This too shall pass". Keep the faith.

Tess said...

I am sorry you're having such a rough time.... I hope things take a better turn soon.