Sunday, February 25, 2007

In Case You're Wondering...

My husband is home again. This time for a while. He truncated his stay at St. Jude's by three days. He was in a deep depression. He was not responding to his medication. He was sinking deeper and deeper. I felt like I almost lost him. If he were drowning in a sea of black oil, had had sunk so deeply that only our fingers still clung to each other.

The good news: a lot of the confusion lately is probably due to this state coming on.

The bad news: we do not, by any stretch of the imagination, have his medication figured out.

Mental illness absolutely, positively sucks. And that's all I have to say about that.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Ughh.. so not what I was hoping to find when I came here to check on you.
I'm so so sorry. I really don't know what to say.

Counting_Blessings said...

Continued prayers to you...

Big_Daddy said...

...and more prayers...

Lorraine said...

The black oil analogy was amazing- well put. And so sorry you have to experience it.