Friday, June 12, 2009

June 11th: Driving North From DC


DC and Phila 026, originally uploaded by Kikigill.

This just instantly took me back to my childhood. We used to make the trek from Sugarland Run in Sterling, VA to Chappaqua, NY all the time. As I drove through this tunnel last week, I had a memory come flooding back of driving through this tunnel as a six-year-old, riding in the back of my parents' Pacer (or was it a Datsun, at that point?). I remember sitting backward, hanging over the seat desperately craning to see the harbor we had just tunneled under. It always seemed amazing to me. I thank God (in retrospect) for giving me parents who instilled in me such a sense of wonder at things like tunnels under bodies of water, or new vocabulary words. A weird family, but a wonderfully smart one.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I think you're doing a pretty darn good job yourself!