Monday, August 26, 2013

Tis a Gift to be Simple

This is a reflection of me in a piece of art taken at the flea market.
I call it "Me with Complexities"
All thinking with me, leads to more thinking, which leads to getting lost in thought. I want to know an answer to a simple questions.

Why is it that some people spend so much time inside their heads, thinking, re-thinking and over-thinking every little dusty corner of their soul?

Why is it that some people relate on this level and others cannot?

Why do some people seem so uncomplicated while others completely lost in their mental labyrinths?

I want to untangle my brain. Some days, I just want to spill all the mismatched puzzle pieces on a table and organize them. Put them together so they make sense. This piece by piece analysis is difficult. Who can ever see the big picture?

I swear there are people who see the world much more simply than I do and to those people I raise a toast, "Tis a gift to be simple, tis a gift to be free."

No comments: