Friday, August 28, 2009

AUGUST 16th: Sunday Morning


Aug 16 006, originally uploaded by Kikigill.

Some of us wake up a little slower than others in this family, which is why poor Liam is often relegated to lying prone next to Mommy while she shakes off the clutch of sleep. This morning, I grabbed my camera. He was trying so hard to be calm. You can see him feverishly sucking on his binky to try and lull himself back to sleep (NO, Mommy is NOT getting up before 6!).

Anyhow, what I was trying to capture, I got here. See Liam's left hand? See how he plays with his Lambie's ear? That is self soothing activity. I think it's so cute. Not only because it's darling to see him twirling that little ear just as he has since he was a few months old, but also because I, as a child, used to fold my Blankie into little triangles which I rubbed between my fingers in the same fashion.

No comments: