Saturday, March 24, 2007

Sentence Diagramming...Anyone Remember This?

I was having a chat with my mother today about sentence diagramming. We were talking about how much we loved it as grade schoolers. I was big into geometry. Sentence diagramming seemed like the geometry of the language world. Anyhow, I am wondering your answers to the following questions:

1) Did you prefer geometry or algebra, in general?

2) Did you get better grades in geometry or algebra?

3) Do you remember sentence diagramming?

4) Did you like it?

5) Could you diagram a sentence today?

To jog your memory, here are a couple diagrams I found online. YIKES. Aren't they complex looking? How can I not remember how to do this? Also...remember stoichiometry from chemistry? Double yikes!!!!!!!!!



1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I think we discussed this before! I think I'm opposite in terms of math...
1) Did you prefer geometry or algebra, in general?

2) Did you get better grades in geometry or algebra? ALGEBRA! I got good grades in geometry, but I hated it the entire time. I loved algebra and calculus.

3) Do you remember sentence diagramming?
Honestly I don't think I did it, but it looks yucky.

4) Did you like it? See above

5) Could you diagram a sentence today?
Not a chance! But I totally admire you, oh wise one.