Monday, February 25, 2008

There's Kiki!


Botantical Garden 08 235, originally uploaded by Kikigill.

I just love this one. For one reason, Liam was sick, so he's just completely limp and relaxed on my back. He did not pick ONE piece of flora while we were at the Orchid Show! For another reason, I love catching a glimpse of myself "in context."

I still remember the first time this happened. I was walking through a new grocery store (well, new to me) and I saw this long and lean girl walking towards me. I experienced that split second delay between recognizing that it was, in actuality, me in a giant, wall-sized mirror. Turns out I look pretty good out there in the world at large, "in context." It's just when I squeeze my round face into a small mirror that I feel pretty bloated and big.

This was especially cool because I was photographing something in the foreground and then I noticed the reflection behind. Hey, that's a cool-looking nature girl over there...

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

You guys are so cute! I really love slumpy boy on your back.