Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bank of America Sucks Donkey Butt

Just had to put this out there. I lost my job in August. Since then, I have been fighting to get unemployment compensation. I have failed to get that and it has been decided that I am ineligible...something about willful misconduct that I completely disagree with, but whatever, I am letting that particular issue go.

Just when I thought I was finally getting back on track, I started having numerous banking issues. These issues are my fault. I don't have enough in there to cover the outgoing bills. Hence, I am declaring bankruptcy. But, that little fact aside, I am still downright appalled at Bank of America for several reasons.

1) I have been charged over $250 in $35 fees for transactions that presented when there was not enough money in the checking account. The first of these happened when an automatic savings transfer went through and I had thought I had cancelled it. Grrrrrr....my fault, but they couldn't give me help with ANY of the charges.

2) I went to the bank last Friday and presented a Bank of America check. They cashed it, handed me the cash, to which I replied, "Oh, I wanted this put into my account." The teller took it back and assured me, "Ok, it's cash, it's available immediately." I went to the grocery store, got my medication (you should be saying here, "she's obviously NOT been taking it." LOL), and paid at that counter. Then, I went through the store and bought dinner and checked out and paid for the food items at a different register. Yup, you guessed it, TWO $35 charges for payments made on an overdrawn account. Why in the HECK would I have NOT taken the cash from the teller and just paid in cash? It would have saved me $70 in fees...Grrrrrrrr

3) So, yesterday I went into the bank branch to try and get them to waive the fees. Did you know that all they can do is dial the same 800 numbers we dial? I waited for over a half hour while the bank manager waited ON HOLD with the BofA HQ. Ridiculous.

4) Today, I escalated to a manager, who sounded about 20 years old named Dorian, at the 800 number. This was AFTER I called the main 800 listed on my online banking site, they transferred me to Banc of America Investments, I waited through prompts, answered umpteen questions about who I am and what numbers are associated with me, and then was told I was at the wrong number, only to get transferred again into a waiting queue where I had to again parrot answers to the same questions. The answer was no. No they can't help me. Sorry to lose your business, Ms. Gill. I even asked, "Whatever happened to the customer is always right??"

So, I am closing my account. I am transferring my banking business to Ridgefield Bank...one of the last of the local banks. Please God don't let it get bought out by Bank of America.

1 comment:

Watty said...

Ouch! I just got $66 in NSF fees after my bank (who was just bought out by BofA too!) had the balance showing one amount and I called to make sure that was correct, and was assured it WAS, to getting NSF fees afterwards also! I think they're just setting us up for fees!

Time to close my account too! Sorry you got the runaround