Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wow...That's What I Call a Hiatus...

Or is it "an Hiatus"? And, should the quotes be before or after the question mark? Well, hello there. I'm baaaaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkk...


...for now. I have two kids who are busy, loud and sometimes, well, needy little things. I have a husband who is taking some time and working on himself. He has spent a lot of his life caring about others and what they think, he's going through a bit of a self-renaissance. Hooray for him...boo for his timing.

Our six month old, who had numerous problems in the GI area seems to be doing MUCH, MUCH better. He's overall jovial and sweet. He has a smile that lights up a room. He's a little mover lately scooting around, salamander-style, on his belly. His only shortcoming at present seems to be that he is highly sensitive. He doesn't like noise and gets noticeably ticked when you talk, whisper or even gesture while he is having his bottle. I am learning to be quiet. This is not something that comes naturally to me, but I am trying.

Speaking of quiet, Elena is giving us none lately. She is going through a talkative phase, or let's hope it's a phase, otherwise we will say she is taking after Mommy. She's going through the typical-terrible-two-and-a-halfs. My favorite thing about this age is the capriciousness. It is done with such nuance...(heavily sarcastic)...see below:


Elena: Don't TALK AT ME MOMMY!!

Me: I didn't say a thing, though...

Elena: I said I not want you to talk at me. I don't care about you.

Me: Um...OK...I'll just sit here and...

Elena: Mommy, what you say?

OR


Elena: I want some Rice Milk.

Me: OK

Elena: I not want it...I not want it...

Me: OK

Elena: I want some Rice Milk, Mommy!! (getting impatient and angry)

Me: OK (getting up getting cup)

Elena: No...I not want it, I want juice, I said.

There are so many more examples, but I will pause there. So, now, I find myself up in the middle of the night while it is quiet and calm. Why? To be alone. Ahhhhhhhhh....sweet alone time, where have you been all my life?

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

YAY!!! NO MORE HIATUS!!! Finally, the adoring legions are listened to. I hear you on the blessed alone time - I'm staying up much later than usual now since I have both little munchkins by myself for this week. I need the quiet to recover! Also, last night just for kicks Amelia said "I don't love you, Mama" while I was crouching there waiting to wipe her on the potty. Nothing like being told you're not loved when you're in the most subservient position possible!