Thursday, January 02, 2014

New Year...Resolute...

resolute - firm in purpose or belief; characterized by firmness and determination; "stood resolute against the enemy"; "faced with a resolute opposition"; "a resolute and unshakeable faith"
I am trying to get back to blogging. Writing is such a centering activity for me and I need centering. I don't like resolutions. I don't like setting myself up for failure. And, when it comes to exacting willpower in my life, I fail way more often than succeed. So instead of a specific resolution, I am vowing this new year to be resolute.

Resolute in my faith.
Resolute in making healthy choices.
Resolute in stopping unhealthy activities.
Resolute in being a better parent. 

In 2013, I enabled myself. I put on weight. I drank and ate too much. I allowed myself to dwell in a world of anxiety and distress. I got all hung up on a silly bunch of notions that I couldn't shake. JUST.COULD.NOT.SHAKE. I don't know that I will do any better this year, but I am resolute to try.







 


   

No comments: