Friday, December 04, 2009

I Am Abandoning Ship

I made it to day 290 in my 365 project. I still take a picture a day, but have been so falling behind in my blogging about each picture, that I am putting an end to the guilt I feel. This does not mean I won't blog and this does not mean I will not post pictures. I will do both. It just means I am not beholden to telling you stories from damn near two months ago. Here are some of the pictures I have taken in the last two months that would have been blogs with captions underneath summarizing what I was going to write about...then I can move on from the guilt and get back to my good old-fashioned blog.

Mom and Dad's anniversary...40 years:
IMG00416.jpg

Tree Me! The arrival of the Christmas trees at Youngs the day before Thanksgiving. We put ours up the weekend after:
IMG00394.jpg

Flipping Off...this is a tree at our church. I cannot tell if it is a manufactured "sculpture" that is made to look like a hand giving the finger, or some sort of fungus that grew that way...
IMG00393.jpg

Uno! The WKC winner from last year memorialized in plush:
NYC 110509 001

Gluten-Free candy cookies made with all the leftover Halloween mini-bars:
eggs 016

These eggs were from our friends' chickens! Aren't they beautiful!
eggs 007

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light."
SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Running down Pin Pack, returning from the Casey Lane hike...I loved how they are in matching form:
111009 054

111009 055

A sign I spotted on my walk which made me think of times gone by:
111009 021

Look at this dandy fellow:
111009 024

Have you ever really stopped to look at how creepy this sign is? Perhaps the sign itself is effective as a deterrent to prowlers!
111009 023

Let the felting begin! Felted acorns:
111009 060

Squirrel nests...this one's for you, Robin and Tiff!
111009 014

Sparkling stream, bubbling like seltzer in the morning sun:
IMG00355.jpg

This was going to be a good blog! When Liam went Brooklyn with his godfather, Doug, Doug came back announcing that it was very interesting to see Halloween decor through a 3-year-old's eyes. In Brooklyn, the big thing is to hang giant spider webs of stretchy polyester that reach from first to second story of your brownstone. Liam eyed then all trepidatiously and Doug said he could almost hear him thinking, "Um...how about this big 'pider problem you all have in Brooklyn? Can't you do something about it?"
Scary Sign

Two Thumbs Up for The Bissell House, new restaurant in the Ridge:
IMG00128.jpg

Long-limbed Italian greyhound, Milo...belonging to a friend.
IMG00111.jpg

Goodwill find as I was setting up a 60's table for Mom's birthday party:
eggs 009

Business meeting in New York City completed, waiting for my car at the parking garage...killing time:
Mirror, Mirror

Looking East and West at the same time:
Looking East and West

Um...maybe Scientology IS the path to Heaven? ;)
Scientology is your path to Heaven

Times Square security camera:
NYC Security Camera

The 80's called and they want their flourescent, splatter paint embellishment BACK:
I Love Hoodies

When you get change from the Metro-North train machines, you get gold coins...And I love them...
NYC with Kiddos 110309 046

Liam does too:
NYC with Kiddos 110309 045

A Church Glows in Brooklyn:
brooklyn and more 035

No comments: