Friday, October 02, 2009

SEPTEMBER 14th: Hello Widdle Pider


Hi Little Pider, originally uploaded by Kikigill.

Nothing like being waken up at the ass-crack of dawn every day by your son. It can certainly make one cranky. But then, mention of 'nuggling or something cute will make it all worthwhile. I imagine a time when he won't even want to talk to me, and I am grateful he trundles into my room at night.

This particular morning, he 'napped the shade open (as only Liam can do, it makes your teeth rattle) and found a little 'pider (have I mentioned we are having a speech eval?). He tapped gently on the glass cajoling, "Hellwo widdle pider!" And then he whipped around and looked at me, "Mommy! Do you think she misses her daddy and her children?" (we had already had a discussion about the fact that I thought for sure the spider was a girl). This made me think he must think that I miss him and Elena when I go off to school...and, I guess that I miss my dad (his Boppa). So empathetic. Poor widdle pider. I wanted to cry for her! It was like reliving Charlotte's Web all over again.

No comments: